Just one day after developers received the fifth beta build of iOS 11, Apple has released the same beta update to public testers, bringing a number of UI changes and bug fixes with it.
iOS 11 public beta 4 and macOS High Sierra public beta 4 are now available to download for all members of Apple’s public beta software testing program. You can also download the new software directly to your Mac, iPhone or iPad if you have the previous public beta installed.
The release notes for iOS 11 public beta 4 don’t mention any major new features but likely contains all the changes Apple made in the iOS 11 beta that was seeded to developers yesterday.
What’s inside iOS 11 public beta 4?
Here’s a rundown of what we found in the newest iOS 11 beta:
- AirPlay bug fixed when trying to send a video that’s not fullscreen.
- Dragging items to Calendar app bug now fixed.
- iCloud Messages has been removed. But Apple says it will return in a future update.
- The music widget within Control Center gains an animated signal icon to easily access AirPlay-connected devices.
- Camera and Settings icons get tweaked.
- You can now swipe to open within the cover sheet, instead of just tapping open.
- Ability to take Live Photos within FaceTime.
- New tutorial screen within the Camera app for Portrait Mode on iPhone 7 Plus models.
- New camera level feature when taking downward-facing pictures.
- New tutorial screen on iPad for the Dock and app switcher.